A Review of the Last Six Months 1 August 2015
There have been a number of successes over the last six months and some of these have been highlighted in the CR Corporate Solutions LinkedIn group. These include:
- Assisting in the submission and working with the winner of the Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards Undergraduate category, on behalf of the client and the University of Strathclyde, where all UK universities can only enter one submission.
- Financial restructuring and continued support from existing bank for two different clients, including various short-term facility increases.
- Successful turnaround and return to mainstream bank for a client with various challenges over the last two years.
- Successful restructuring and return to profitability for a previously lossmaking client.
- Private equity finance raising for an existing client to finance new development and growth.
- Additional investment from a syndicate of individuals to finance growth.
- Continued financial advice and finance raising support for a social media platform.
- Strategic review for three clients and follow-on work.
- Review of the financial management capabilities and suggested changes for another high growth company aiming to double in size from £5m to £10m in the current financial year.
- Successful submissions for three different clients in respect of SMART awards, the latest of which was the second fastest approval last year.
- Successful “spin-out” from the University of Strathclyde involving university investment.
- Successful start-up from the University of Strathclyde with investment from the Gabriel Investment Syndicate.
- Establishment of a new IT solutions company in conjunction with two University of Strathclyde students and a fellow Enterprise Partner.
- Various projects for the University of Strathclyde through the Strathclyde Enterprise Partner relationship and member of the Gabriel Investment Syndicate.
- Appointment to the University of Strathclyde Commercial Advisory Panel for Future Enabling Technologies.
- The appointment of Craig Rattray as Non-Executive Director to five new clients (some of which are included above).
- Other current projects include:
- Growth and development finance raising.
- Series B finance raising.
- Our first project in Aberdeen which is continuing.
- Strategic review of a company with follow-on work to implement agreed changes.
- Early stage commercialisation of four new business opportunities.
- Finance raising and revamping of the management team to grow and develop market leading business.
- High growth start-up – not university related.
- Crowdfunding finance raising – not university related.
- Two university related mentoring roles.
We remain keen to engage with “companies with challenges” – positive challenges where companies are growing and require additional finance alongside commercial and financial expertise, and negative challenges where the company is stressed, and has financial strain and pressure from finance providers.
In many of these situations we are happy to work on an equity incentivised basis, which preserves cash for the company. This is particularly useful in early stage and turnaround opportunities. We added five new shareholdings over the last six months.
Regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
for a range of business activities.
Registered in Scotland No. 369678. VAT No. 981 8656 66.
Site by Buzz Agency Limited © 2010