A Review of the Last Six Months 1 August 2016
The last six months has seen a range of work for old and new clients, some big successes for clients, some of which have been highlighted in the CR Corporate Solutions LinkedIn group, and various finance raising exercises. These include:
- Client winners in all three Scottish Edge categories – Main, Young and Wild-Card.
- Client Runner-up in the 2016 Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards open to all UK universities. CRCS also worked with the winning company in the previous two years.
- Refinancing of a client that has undergone a remarkable turnaround over the last two years, involving a doubling of facilities and a creative financing structure.
- Growth finance facilities put in place for two fast growing profitable clients, including equity and working capital facilities.
- Financial restructuring and continued support from the existing bank for a client, including various short-term facility increases and a longer-term commitment.
- Strategic review for two new clients and follow-on work.
- Review of the financial management capabilities and suggested changes for two new clients including follow-on work.
- Four early stage finance raisings.
- Another successful SMART application.
- Continued financial advice and finance raising support for a social media platform.
- Finance raising and strategic planning for a new ecommerce project with ongoing support.
- Various projects for the University of Strathclyde through the Strathclyde Enterprise Partner relationship, University Campus West and member of the Gabriel Investment Syndicate.
- Other current projects include:
- Growth and development finance raising.
- Early stage private investment finance raising.
- Strategic review, financial management overhaul and finance raising project for a fast growing client.
- Buy-out of a partner and succession planning for the new team.
- Various finance raising exercises, two of which are attracting interest from North America.
- Various exit and succession projects.
We remain keen to engage with “companies with challenges” – positive challenges where companies are growing and require additional finance alongside commercial and financial expertise, and negative challenges where the company is stressed, and has financial strain and pressure from finance providers.
In many of these situations we are happy to work on an equity incentivised basis, which preserves cash for the company. This is particularly useful in early stage and turnaround opportunities.
Regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
for a range of business activities.
Registered in Scotland No. 369678. VAT No. 981 8656 66.
Site by Buzz Agency Limited © 2010