Definition of Business Strategy - a long-term approach to implementing a firm's business plans to achieve its business objectives. In particular, the course of action and the specific resources required to achieve a specific objective.
Jack Welch, former Chairman and CEO of GEC, was renowned for his incisive business intellect. Despite many criticisms both during and after his tenure at GEC he was renowned for many famous quotes on strategy.
These included: "Business strategy is less a function of grandiose predictions than it is a result of being able to respond rapidly to real changes as they occur. That's why strategy has to be dynamic and anticipatory."
"In real life, strategy is very straightforward. You pick a general direction and implement like hell."
CR Corporate Solutions works with our clients and their Financial Stakeholders to:
- Develop strategy - "where are we now, where do we want to be"
- Implement strategy - a hands on approach – "gets the job done"
- Monitor and adapt strategy to:
- internal company changes, both positive and negative
- market conditions
- the changing economy
- stakeholder changes/needs/wants
- exit and succession
Registered in Scotland No. 583027. VAT No. 284 9831 52.