We were introduced to the CEO of a group of companies by a mutual friend and business associate.
The three companies, whilst not in a formal group, were in the early stages of their development and required significant hands-on assistance to develop management teams, structures and finance to take advantage of the numerous opportunities that the existing CEO and COO had developed on a shoestring.
The businesses operated across a high growth technology area and were working in collaboration with a major global information services company.
We worked with the shareholders and management team to:
- restructure the shareholdings
- raise new private investment in one of the companies
- negotiated a significantly improved working capital facility into another company
- developed new management teams across all three businesses
- created various strategic alliances with companies throughout the world allowing significant scaling-up across the three companies
We introduced a robust financial reporting structure and cash management system across all three companies.
Following a period as part-time Finance Director we recruited a full-time replacement and remain a consultant to the company.
Key outcomes of the role included:
- Revamped financial infrastructure and reporting and forecasting regime
- Strategic development and creation of new management teams
- Strong financial management and cash management